After returning home from a particularly hectic day at workplace, what will you like to do? For most people, the answer would be relaxing on a comfortable and cozy recliner while enjoying music or watching a TV show of choice!
A well padded recliner chair is the best option to soothe the aching muscles of your body, anytime. The Giantex Manual Recliner Chair can be an ideal contender for this!
Design and Looks
The design and styling of this recliner can be described as minimal yet elegant.
The straight lines and rounded contours of the model are easy on the eyes. It will easily fit in with the decor of many households.
You can easily keep in it the bedroom, living room or balcony, based on your need. The Black surface is neither too glossy nor it is dull looking. The same colored stitching on the surface of the chair stands out too.
The decoratively-stitched back cushions are pleasing on the eyes. It is not very huge and so you can keep it anywhere without causing a problem to the others at home.
Material Used and its benefits
The material of a recliner is something you cannot overlook when assessing it for personal use. It should look good and last for a long time too.
In this respect, the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair scores well. It is made with environmentally friendly leather which is easy to maintain and the surface also feels quite comfortable to touch.
Underneath that black leather surface, there is foam padding. This helps lengthen the lifespan of the outer coating and offers the users adequate support. The frame of the recliner is made of heavy-duty and durable steel.
It can withstand weight up to 250 pounds. The quality of each material is decent and nothing feels flimsy.
A recliner chair is not of much use if it looks sleek but does not offer adequate features and comfort to the end users. The Giantex Manual Recliner Chair is not what you can call feature laden but it does tick the right boxes.
- Support- The heavy-duty steel frame of the chair is able to support users with varying body types and weight easily. The padding is quite thick and adjusts to body contour easily.
- Reclining- The reclining feature in the chair works well and it can be operated by anyone without hassles. However, there is only one reclining angle and that may be less than adequate for some users. You do not have to grapple with the lever as it is quite smooth.
- Footrest- What is the use of reclining on a chair if you cannot stretch your legs comfortably. The Giantex Manual Recliner Chair has a footrest and to stretch it, there is a side lever. The foldable footrest is simple to use and it is also useful for users who live in cramped apartments. When not in use, the foldable footrest can be tucked in. This can be operated by people in different age groups.
- Assembly- Assembling this recliner chair is not hard as such. Most users will be able to set it up using the included guidelines. Setting it up does not take up a long time either. There are two parts and you need to put them like one on top of another.
So, what is missing?
This recliner is not ideal for the users who want the ultimate in luxury and comfort. It does skip on the additional features found in pricier recliner models.
- Heating-There is no inbuilt heating feature in it. If you are looking for a recliner that will let you beat the childish, cold in winter evenings, this is certainly not the set for you!
- Massaging-The chair does not have in built massaging facility, unlike the high end recliners. However, that is not a deal breaker.
- Ports- Here you do not get any hidden USB port or outlets to charge your gadgets. These can be handy when you are in the mood to watch the choicest flicks on your HDTV or home theater setup while seating comfortably on the recliner.
- Cup holder and pockets- Some of the expensive recliner models have big pockets at the side where magazines and remote can be kept. These units also come with cup holders. Sadly, the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair gives these convenience features a miss. You will need another table by its side if enjoying movies with tea and popcorn is in your mind!
The Giantex Manual Recliner Chair is comfortable, but the experience will vary from one user to another. For most users it will fit the bill for comfort as long as they do not set expectations too high.
The leather and foam beneath it offers decent cushioning to the back and lumber. The padding on armrest is also thick enough for most people.
Unless you are a very tall and big person you will find it snug enough. Normal sized women and men will not have to jostle for space once they fit in the chair, as it is. The padding is decent, but not great.
TheGiantex Manual Recliner Chair is moderate sized. Its approx 64 inch long and the width is a little above 25 inches. The height is approx 32 inches when it is open. Overall, it is ideal for use in many places.
For its price tag, the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair offers what the segment buyers will expect. The design style is elegant and build quality is pretty good.
It is not huge sized and the footrest operation and reclining works like a charm. The padding is good and its heavy-duty steel mechanism ensures the chair copes well with regular usage.
You do not get additional goodies like USB ports and cup holders or heating, but the basic reclining function works well.
It is also quite durable and maintenance is also hassle free. You can use it for relaxing your sore muscles or enjoying a short nap.